Sri Jagannath Society of Greater Chicago
Since then it is carrying out the daily worship and special devotee sponsored Puja on every Sunday. In 2010 it performed Pratistha of the main deities. Along with daily worship it celebrates a number of major festivals of Lord Jagannatha. In 2014, the temple location has moved to BPA-Mata Ji temple in Elgin, IL.
In addition to regular Puja serviced to Lord, it is also conducting various charitable activities such as food donation drive, school supply donation drive to support poors people and children of Aurora, IL, donated to Haiti Earthquake victims, supported a orphanage center in Cuttack Odisha India. Charity has been a mjor part of its annual activities. It believes in “Service to mankind is service to Lord”.
Given below a chronology of major events:
• 2006 – Rath Yatra started in 2006
• 2007 – SJSGC organization created
• 2008 – Pratistha of representative deities
• 2009 – Started Annual Food donation drive,
Donation to Haiti earthquake victims
Fund raising event started
• 2010 – Pratistha of main deities of Lord Jagannath
• 2010 – SJSGC got approval for 501 C 3 tax-exempt status
• 2011 – Pratistha of Mahalaxmi, Durga Devi
Started Suna Vesha of Lord Jagannath
Started Back-To-School supply donation drive
Helped poor of Orissa for Kidney transplant
• 2012 –Gajannan vesha of Lord Jagannath on Bahuda day
Bana Bhoji Besha of Lord Jagannath on Janmastami
• 2014 – Temple location moved to BPA Mata-Ji temple in Elgin, IL
• Pratistha of a new set of Deities
• Aug 2015 Acquired own land for temple.
• Pratistha Puja at new location.
Book online the divine prasad of Lord Jagannath, Puri directly from the temple kitchen at www.shrikhetra.com