India's first website to order fresh mahaprasad of Lord Jagannath directly from the temple kitchen and other holy items of Puri..
Tuesday, 12 April 2016
Miracles of Lord Jagannath Temple, Puri
1. An interesting observation made by many is that the flag atop the Sikhara of the Jagannath temple always flaps in opposite direction of air.
2. Another amazing fact is that if anyone looks at the Sudarshan Chakra atop the Jagannath Temple, they will always find it facing them.
3. According to the laws of nature, during day-time, air comes from sea to land and during evening, the vice-versa occurs. But in Puri it’s totally opposite which is a phenomenon that intrigues many to this day.
4. Even birds don’t fly above the temple, maybe out of respect and reverence for Lord Jagannath. The same rule holds true for aeroplanes which are also not allowed to fly above the temple.
5. The shadow of the main dome of the Jagannath Temple is invisible at any time of the day. This is true for even sunny days and leaves many baffled.
6. The quantity of cooked food inside the Temple remains same for the entire year. But that same quantity of prasadam can feed few thousand people and 20 lac people also. Still it won’t get wasted or never lag.
7. The Temple kitchen, 7 pots are kept on each other and cooked on firewood. In this process the contents in the top pot get cooked first and then the bottom one.
8. After entering from Singhadwara’s first step (from inside of the Temple), you can’t hear any sound produced by the ocean. But, when you cross the same step (from outside of the Temple) you can hear it. This can be noticed clearly during evening.
Order Prasad Online from directly inside the Lord Jagannath temple at www.shrikhetra.com